Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Nail Polish Reviews... at long last.




My apologizes for my atrocious nails... my orange polish is on it's last leg.
Sally Hansen Gem Crush in Bling-tastic ... $6.99
claire's cosmetics Mood nail polish in fabulous/funky ... ¿ $9.99 ? (gift)


The Sally Hansen polish, pictured above, I bought because the sparkles look amazing in the bottle. I bought a sparkly Sally Hansen polish for a friend, and I couldn't resist buying one when I saw them in Walmart. I wish I could have all of them, but, being a broke bum, I could only purchase one. It was between a pale pink or this blue. I don't think I need to say which one won. 
won one won one won one.  

When I put on the first coat, and the second coat, and even the third coat, the sparkle effect was extremely gradual. I guess I was naively wishing that the sparkle would just magically cover the entire surface of my nail. I stopped at three coats, but to get complete coverage, at least, a fourth coat would be needed. 
I really like the color, and as I say, I love sparkles. I didn't like having to put on three coats, cause I'm anal and it interfered with my two coats of color ritual. But it looked really nice, so I guess I can suck it up. It chipped towards the end of the week (I paint my nails every Sunday), and they got massacred at work on Saturday. All polishes get scrubbed away when you're a dishwasher :) so I can't complain there. 
What I didn't like, was trying to get it off. It took ages. I went through a bajillion nail polish pads. The sparkle was so beautiful, but getting it to come off was almost frustrating. 
In review, pretty sparkly colour, but takes forever to pry off. 
Worth it ? I'd say so yes !

The claire's polish I didn't get the chance to snap shots of. It chipped at work, and when I had it on my toes... I felt weird taking picture of my feet. Feet are icky. The work feet itself is enough for me. 
So picture aside, it's a mood polish. So apparently it's supposed to change shades based on your mood. So basically, it has nothing to do with your mood, and everything to do with body temperature. I would never really trust this idea in nail polish, but, seeing as I got this as a gift, and the colour is pretty either shade, I didn't really care what would or wouldn't happen. 
Nothing happened at all. I expected as much. I know there are other mood polishes, so maybe this brand's quality is lacking, who knows. The pink was pretty, but that's that. No changing of the shade or anything. I even put my hand in the fridge, thinking the icy temperature would make the pink lighter. It just made my hand cold.

Any opinions on sparkly polishes or mood polishes would be greatly appreciated !

Nail polish. It's fun, it's bright, it's dark, it can be whatever you want it to be. I like mine when it's sparkly, and I want to master the galaxy nails craze... some day. 
All photos via Pinterest !

No comments:

Post a Comment